Look for an agency that has a great track record, references, and referrals. Make sure employees are bonded and insured. Make sure the home care agency does national and local background checks on employees. Make sure the agency does a great job of matching the caregiver to the care receiver and make sure they have a back-up plan in case a caregiver gets sick, or doesn’t show up for their shift.
For more information about At Your Side Home Care please visit us at www.Houston-Homecare.com or call us at 832-271-1600
Paying for In-Home Care
Deciding on Types of Care Services
- How do I know if my aging loved one is ready for home care services?
- What is the difference between home healthcare services and private duty home care services?
- What should I be looking for in a Home Care Agency?
- What is the difference between in-home care and senior housing options like assisted living?
- What is the difference between in-home care and adult day care services?
Differences in Home Care Services
- What is the difference between a Home Health Aide and a Personal Companion?
- What is Live-In Care and how do I find a caregiver who will live in the home?
- If my aging loved one needs care 24 hours a day, is there a difference in cost between a live-in caregiver and paying for hourly care?
- Do some home care agencies specialize in Alzheimer’s Care at home?
- What is “Respite” care and does every home care agency provide that type of care?
Safety with In-Home Care Services
- Do all home care agencies do background checks on their caregivers?
- Is drug screening a requirement for all home care agency caregivers?
- What does “bonded and insured” mean, and is that an important requirement for home care agencies?
- What about licensing? Do all home care agencies need to be licensed?
- What happens if a caregiver does not show up for their shift?
Latest posts by Donna Wrabel, LMSW (see all)
- 5 Ways Home Care Assistance Helps Seniors Plan Ahead and Age Gracefully - May 26, 2023
- Safety Tips for Seniors Aging in Place - May 19, 2023
- Hair Washing Tips For Seniors - May 12, 2023