Do some home care agencies specialize in Alzheimer’s Care at home?
Many home care agencies provide more specialized training for their caregivers with regard to Alzheimer’s Disease. If your aging loved one suffers from Alzheimer’s Disease or dementia, be sure to ask the home care agency if they specialize in dementia, and what kind of training their caregivers are receiving.
Paying for In-Home Care
Deciding on Types of Care Services
- How do I know if my aging loved one is ready for home care services?
- What is the difference between home healthcare services and private duty home care services?
- What should I be looking for in a Home Care Agency?
- What is the difference between in-home care and senior housing options like assisted living?
- What is the difference between in-home care and adult day care services?
Differences in Home Care Services
- What is the difference between a Home Health Aide and a Personal Companion?
- What is Live-In Care and how do I find a caregiver who will live in the home?
- If my aging loved one needs care 24 hours a day, is there a difference in cost between a live-in caregiver and paying for hourly care?
- Do some home care agencies specialize in Alzheimer’s Care at home?
- What is “Respite” care and does every home care agency provide that type of care?
Safety with In-Home Care Services
- Do all home care agencies do background checks on their caregivers?
- Is drug screening a requirement for all home care agency caregivers?
- What does “bonded and insured” mean, and is that an important requirement for home care agencies?
- What about licensing? Do all home care agencies need to be licensed?
- What happens if a caregiver does not show up for their shift?
Latest posts by Donna Wrabel, LMSW (see all)
- What Is Respite Care? - March 24, 2023
- 5 Benefits of Companionship for Seniors - March 17, 2023
- Bathing Safety for Your Loved One - March 10, 2023