According to the MetLife Cost of Care study for 2019, the “median” cost of home care in the state of Texas is:
Homemaker Services: $21.50
Home Health Aide: $21.63
Paying for In-Home Care
Deciding on Types of Care Services
- How do I know if my aging loved one is ready for home care services?
- What is the difference between home healthcare services and private duty home care services?
- What should I be looking for in a Home Care Agency?
- What is the difference between in-home care and senior housing options like assisted living?
- What is the difference between in-home care and adult day care services?
Differences in Home Care Services
- What is the difference between a Home Health Aide and a Personal Companion?
- What is Live-In Care and how do I find a caregiver who will live in the home?
- If my aging loved one needs care 24 hours a day, is there a difference in cost between a live-in caregiver and paying for hourly care?
- Do some home care agencies specialize in Alzheimer’s Care at home?
- What is “Respite” care and does every home care agency provide that type of care?
Safety with In-Home Care Services
- Do all home care agencies do background checks on their caregivers?
- Is drug screening a requirement for all home care agency caregivers?
- What does “bonded and insured” mean, and is that an important requirement for home care agencies?
- What about licensing? Do all home care agencies need to be licensed?
- What happens if a caregiver does not show up for their shift?
Latest posts by Donna Wrabel, LMSW (see all)
- How Can Your Senior Stay Safe When Exercising Outside? - February 26, 2021
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy for Seniors with Dementia - February 19, 2021
- 5 Benefits of Meditation for Seniors - February 12, 2021