Private duty home care agencies will pay the caregiver directly. They will take care of taxes and insurance. You and your family will not be responsible for these items. If you use a registry, match-maker service or hire a caregiver privately, you will be responsible for taxes, insurance and other requirements. Make sure you know the laws that apply in your state.
832-271-1600, https://www.houston-homecare.com , Houston Home Care 20 Frequently Asked Questions About Home Care. Go to www.Houston-HomeCare.com and click on the VIDEO FAQ tab. There you will be able to see all 20 of our frequently asked question videos and get the answers you need. Also, please be sure to call us directly at 832-271-1600 and speak to Rick or Donna Wrabel, the owners of At Your Side Home Care in Houston Texas.
Paying for In-Home Care
Deciding on Types of Care Services
- How do I know if my aging loved one is ready for home care services?
- What is the difference between home healthcare services and private duty home care services?
- What should I be looking for in a Home Care Agency?
- What is the difference between in-home care and senior housing options like assisted living?
- What is the difference between in-home care and adult day care services?
Differences in Home Care Services
- What is the difference between a Home Health Aide and a Personal Companion?
- What is Live-In Care and how do I find a caregiver who will live in the home?
- If my aging loved one needs care 24 hours a day, is there a difference in cost between a live-in caregiver and paying for hourly care?
- Do some home care agencies specialize in Alzheimer’s Care at home?
- What is “Respite” care and does every home care agency provide that type of care?
Safety with In-Home Care Services
- Do all home care agencies do background checks on their caregivers?
- Is drug screening a requirement for all home care agency caregivers?
- What does “bonded and insured” mean, and is that an important requirement for home care agencies?
- What about licensing? Do all home care agencies need to be licensed?
- What happens if a caregiver does not show up for their shift?
Latest posts by Donna Wrabel, LMSW (see all)
- How Can Your Senior Stay Safe When Exercising Outside? - February 26, 2021
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy for Seniors with Dementia - February 19, 2021
- 5 Benefits of Meditation for Seniors - February 12, 2021