Live-in care means that the caregiver lives in the home most of the week, and may only leave on their days off. They may be replaced by another live-in caregiver on their days off. They have their own bedroom, and sleep at night when the care-receiver is sleeping. Most private duty home care agencies can provide live-in services and hourly services. Hourly caregivers do not live in the home. Hourly services may be more appropriate for seniors who need the companion or home health aide to be awake at night.
Paying for In-Home Care
Deciding on Types of Care Services
- How do I know if my aging loved one is ready for home care services?
- What is the difference between home healthcare services and private duty home care services?
- What should I be looking for in a Home Care Agency?
- What is the difference between in-home care and senior housing options like assisted living?
- What is the difference between in-home care and adult day care services?
Differences in Home Care Services
- What is the difference between a Home Health Aide and a Personal Companion?
- What is Live-In Care and how do I find a caregiver who will live in the home?
- If my aging loved one needs care 24 hours a day, is there a difference in cost between a live-in caregiver and paying for hourly care?
- Do some home care agencies specialize in Alzheimer’s Care at home?
- What is “Respite” care and does every home care agency provide that type of care?
Safety with In-Home Care Services
- Do all home care agencies do background checks on their caregivers?
- Is drug screening a requirement for all home care agency caregivers?
- What does “bonded and insured” mean, and is that an important requirement for home care agencies?
- What about licensing? Do all home care agencies need to be licensed?
- What happens if a caregiver does not show up for their shift?
- 5 Tips for Dealing with a Late-in-life Cancer Diagnosis - August 12, 2022
- 5 Reasons to Hire Elder Care for Your Senior - August 4, 2022
- Handy Tips for Helping Your Dad Manage His Medications - July 29, 2022