24-Hour Home Care in Houston & Katy
At Your Side Home Care is a licensed home care agency with the state of Texas. Our owners Donna Wrabel, LMSW, and Rick Wrabel have personal involvement in every case our home care agency takes on. You will deal with one, or both, of them throughout the process from your initial contact to the implementation of services and beyond.
We have terrific caregivers who are hand picked by the owners. In addition to criminal background and reference checks, we spend many hours with these individuals before they are brought on to our staff. Caregivers are given assignments based on their background and experience as well as their "personality fit" with each client we work with. All of our caregivers pass the test our owners ask themselves, "Would we feel good about having this individual working with our family members?"
We Provide Top 24-Hour Home Care in Houston, Katy, Memorial, and the surrounding areas.
Use the form below to get instant information on pricing and services.
At Your Side Home Care aspires to be the preeminent home care agency focusing on safety, lifestyle enhancement and positive outcomes to help seniors continue to age in the comfort of their own homes.
Our Office Information
Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
Phone: (832) 271-1600
We provide care and peace of mind 24/7
If your loved one needs care 24 hours a day, At Your Side can provide around-the-clock peace of mind. We will coordinate a team of experienced, reliable caregivers to provide your loved one with care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our 24-hour care services provide peace of mind in such situations as:
- You have a loved one who needs around-the-clock care and you live out of town.
- Your loved one is at risk when unattended because of Alzheimer's or another form of dementia.
- Your loved one has trouble sleeping or gets up frequently, increasing the risk of a nighttime fall.
We believe it is a privilege to take care of your loved one, and our highest priority is the health and happiness of our clients and their families. There is no place a person would rather be than at home and we can make that possible all day, every day.
With 24-hour home care, you can let go of the worry and enjoy a full night's sleep knowing your loved one is being cared for by compassionate professionals. With personalized attention to individual needs around-the-clock, those living with dementia or who are homebound due to physical limitations will feel at ease in their own surroundings.
What is 24-Hour Home Care?
24-Hour Home Care means that a caregiver or several caregivers are rotating shifts to care for your loved one in their home. Someone is always awake. Caregivers work an 8-hour or 12-hour shift. These services are paid for by the hour.
Live-In Home Care vs Hourly Home Care
When it comes to choosing in-home care for an elderly person, there are many options. Live-in and 24-hour caregivers may seem like the same terminology, but they vary in how much time is spent with the senior, depending on their care needs. Understanding these differences will help determine what type of live-in or hourly home care would be best suited for each individual's circumstances.
Hourly Home Care
- To ensure the client is always taken care of, two or more caregivers take turns on shifts to be awake and available day and night.
- A trusted and alert caregiver is always awake to care for your loved one. By rotating caregivers, they are able to stay alert and ready when new situations arise with a senior who wanders at night, needs toileting assistance at night, or may become confused and just need some company and reassurance.
Live-In Home Care
- Live-in caregivers work around the clock to take care of their clients. The 8-hour break and sleeping bed is provided for them so they can rest when not working.
- With two scheduled caregivers, your senior loved one will find a deeper sense of comfort. The heightened familiarity with the elderly's favorite routines and moods helps to better manage dementia diagnoses as well.
- Live-In Home Care may not be the best choice for the senior who needs assistance at night with toileting, wandering, or confusion. The caregiver must be able to sleep, take breaks, and rest.
How Much Does 24-Hour Home Care Cost?
According to the 2020 Genworth Cost of Care Study, the average national median cost for companion care (classified as homemaker services) was $54,912 ANNUALLY for a home health aide and $53,768 for a homemaker. The hourly rate for a home health aide ranged from $17.00 in Louisiana to $33.00 in Minnesota. The median cost for an hourly caregiver is $24.00 per hour.
Genworth calculates average median rates based on 44 hours per week. If your loved one only requires the help of a companion for a few hours per day or week, your costs may be significantly lower than these estimates.
For a clearer picture of your potential costs, determine your loved one’s needs and contact At Your Side Home Care to inquire about companion care providers and average costs in your area.