Home Health Care Houston Texas: Are Your Worried About A Loved-one Who Lives Alone?
By Diane Walker, RN, MS
The current 65 generation is living at home long after retirement age and in record numbers. This lifestyle decision frequently impacts the lives of their children, primarily working moms with their own families. So, adults who may not understand the aging process or what to do when problems occur are becoming their parent’s advocates. Many caregivers who provide home health care also live some distance from their parents, complicating the process even further.
If you have not seen your parents recently, use the next visit to evaluate how your loved one is doing living independently. Keep in casino online mind adults will minimize concerns and attempt to hide problems. Here are some things to look for during the visit:
DO YOU NOTICE FORGETFULNESS OR CONFUSION? Forgetfulness and confusion are not a normal part of the aging process. If your parent is more confused, here are some things you can check to see how pervasive the issue is:
- Do they repeat themselves frequently?
- What shape is the checkbook in? Are any of the checks to people or organizations you are
- unfamiliar with?
- How many messages are on the answering machine?
- Do you find unpaid or delinquent bills in the desk?
- Is there nutritious food in the cupboard and refrigerator? Has it expired?
- Are their prescriptions current?
- Have they kept recent medical appointments?
read more here
For more information about how At Your Side Home Care can help your family with your home health care needs, call 832-271-1600. We are a home care agency providing quality and affordable home health care in Houston Texas and the surrounding communities.
Our Certified Nurse Aides, 24-Hour Live-in Assistants and Home Health Aides are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We also provide the security and confidence of 24-hour Telephone Assistance, so fast, reliable help is always available when it's needed. To learn more about our homecare services see our homecare services page.
Different people need different levels of homecare. To meet the requirements of our clients, At Your Side Homecare maintains consistent staffing levels of caring professionals. Homecare service is available for as little as a few hours a week, or as many as 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Latest posts by Donna Wrabel, LMSW (see all)
- Is Your Senior at Increased Risk of Diabetic Eye Disease? - November 17, 2017
- Could You Be Overlooking Some Home Modifications for an Aging Adult? - November 9, 2017
- Tips for Helping Your Senior with the Emotional Aspects of Stroke Recovery - November 3, 2017